Many brides do not think that the wedding shoes are important as it cannot be seen under the long skirt of the bridal gown, but it is actually something significant to consider. Here are the reasons why:
- It affects your posture and the way you walk
- It’ll level out your height compatibly with your groom (if you opt for heels)
- It’s a detail that people will notice
Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect wedding shoes:
- In our opinion, practicality is an important factor. Choose a pair of shoes that you will be able to wear in future. For example, go for a nude pair of pumps that will be great for any occasion and matches your clothing effortlessly.
- Comfort is key. You are going to be wearing your shoes and walking around a lot for at least 10-12 hours, make sure it is comfortable enough.
- Opt for platform shoes if you want something higher, it will be less strenuous for your feet.
- Break into your new shoes before your wedding day, instead of wearing them for the first time on your wedding day. Tip: wear your new shoes over thick socks and walk around and practise in your home
- Prepare a second pair of comfortable shoes for your wedding day just in case your feet are too sore in your new shoes.
- The “Scholl” gel padding is really good and is an instant comfort upgrade for any pair of shoes! (Tried, tested and highly recommended by Min Yi)
- Try to avoid shoes that are heavily embellished as the wedding gown may get caught in it when you walk.
There you have it, some tips that we have accumulated from our experiences and hopefully helps you when you go shoe shopping!