Tips on choosing the perfect gown
One of the most exciting aspects of your wedding planning journey is definitely the search for the perfect wedding gown, at least for most brides. J So how should you go about with the most important shopping trip of your life? Here are some tips to help you.
- Know that this will not be an easy process. Gown shopping is never like “Say Yes to the Dress”, where you’ll be able to make your decision in the first shop you step into and tearing up when you finally found “The Dress”. In fact, the first visit to any bridal boutique is uneventful and riddled with confusion and uncertainty for most brides.
- Avoid bringing too many people along. We understand that it is a very exciting experience to share with your girlfriends, but having too many opinions may just hinder your decision making. It is most ideal to bring your fiancé and your mum or a best friend, they will give you the best advice. However, fret not if you are alone, our designers will be more than happy to guide you through the process and provide the right advice.
- Go with an open mind. Don’t be too fixated on the gown with specific details/ cutting you have in your mind. Try on different gowns with different shapes and details, you may find something more flattering and more ideal instead and it will make your search easier and more pleasant and definitely a wholly better experience.
- Choose something that suits your body type and personality, rather than following trends blindly. We always advise brides to go for the dress that brings out their character so that on the wedding day, they will feel confident and beautiful.
- Book your dress in the bridal studio that you feel most comfortable in. As it is a long process leading up to the wedding (at least 4-6 months), it is important that you are able to communicate with your designer and have a good working relationship. This will ensure a smooth-sailing journey with minimal worries.
- Be confident with your choices and decisions and enjoy your big day!