Tips to get in shape for your wedding
You just got engaged! Time to start on wedding planning basics such as booking of venue, engaging photographers and shopping for gowns, not forgetting another priority – lose weight and look good for the wedding! Being a gown designer, the most heard one-liner from our brides: “I need to lose weight!” (Even for slim brides at times!) So, to all bride-to-be’s: here’s a list of 10 simple and random tips that our brides have shared with us throughout the years!
- Start your weight loss journey early (at least 6 months in advance). It keeps your health in check and it is a good way to cultivate a long term habit. Starting too close to your wedding day just increases your stress level and may be too taxing on your body; you may end up feeling exhausted and worn instead of exuding radiance like you should on your special day.
- Crash dieting is a no-no. You will see the results fast but it’ll leave you feeling weary and has adverse effects on your body for the long run.
- Choose an exercise that you love to do so that getting in shape doesn’t feel like a chore. Sign up for classes that are interesting and fun for you so that exercising is you can look forward to instead of something you dread.
- Get your partner or family member or friend to start your weight loss journey together! It is always better to have someone to go through the tough process together and motivate each other.
- Consider hiring a trainer. Having a trainer to keep you on track and teach you the right way to exercise is always more ideal.
- Take 5 small meals instead of 3 big meals every day. It will also reduce your tendency to snack on junk food, which is does not satisfy your hunger and is heavy on calories.
- Cut on down sugar (such as chocolate, sweets, bubble tea, cookies etc), not only will you lose weight effortlessly, it will improve your complexion drastically as well!
- Start with walking! Don’t underestimate the power of walking, it really does make a difference! For a start, alight one stop earlier if you’re taking the train or 3 bus stops earlier and walk home, it is as simple as that 🙂
- Leave 1 day in the week for a Cheat Day to indulge in all your favourite food, but be very disciplined in following your diet plan for the rest of the other 6 days. It is fine to treat yourself once in a while and this will be more sustainable in future.
- Cut down on carbs, a very effective and tried-&-tested method by many of our brides. But do so in a healthy way; rather than cutting it out completely, reduce the intake for dinner for a start.
There you go, all the best in your weight loss journey! It’ll not be easy but I’ll definitely be worth!